as february comes to a close i sit here astounded at how fast this month went by. of course there were tons of challenges with all the snow but i loved having those days where we never had to leave the house. but now i am ready to move on to spring. i sit here looking out the window at the huge mounds of snow and think, this might take until june to melt but...
i know it will happen much sooner than that.
as this birthday month comes to a close i find myself reflecting back on some of the moments and things that made this past year great.
1. special breakfasts with the ones i love...
2. nursing my mom back to health, sending her home with a heavy heart but knowing how much it's what she wanted.
3. the book - still alice / lisa genova.
with grace and compassion, lisa genova writes about the enormous white emptiness created by alzheimer's. a must read.
4. glo minerals lipstick in jamacia
the perfect sheer color.
5. all the slow weekend mornings in north conway...
6. instagram #iloveit #somuchhappy
7. long hot showers and early morning coffee
8. sharing so many proud moments
9. feeling blessed
10.hanging out in saratoga walking around on those beautiful summer evenings eating ice cream cones and listening to street music.
11. those first tomato's from the garden...
12. those amazing days in martha's vineyard
13. all those laid back summer days at the beach house that i have been totally dreaming about lately.
14. picnics at the lake
15. youngblood bronzer in sunset
for that summer glo.
16. trader joes. just about everything,
17. that beautiful rainy sept day snapping photos in the sunflower field, laughing at ourselves and each other.
18. that feeling just before we boarded the plane to paris
19. waking up in paris and realizing all my dreams had come true.
#20 vanilla tea
from harney and sons. it also comes in chocolate mint.
#21 those fall moments when you know why you live in new england...
#23 pumpkin martini's
#24 cutting down the tree
it's times like these when my heart cracks open.
#26 and the moments that will always be my favorite even if i live to be 100 are when i am in my home surrounded by my family, having dinner and sharing stories. my life is in those evenings - my heart too.
and my favorite quote this year.
"i have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind he morning". - joseph priestly.
love sent, xoxo