Friday, April 11, 2014

always trying...

to adapt...

if you scratch the surface of normal everyday,  i am told you can find something richer and more meaningful in everything.  this has been such a long and difficult winter.  i am very much looking forward to brighter days.  i am looking forward to healthier versions of everyone.  i don't regret a single moment of what i am doing it's just that sometimes i feel so alone in it.
then i think of some of the struggles of my super upbeat friend and if she can be fierce,  i can be at least
complaint free.  i look at her and her amazing attitude and i know that is what has kept her going through all of this.  as she comes off her (i have lost count) 8th maybe 9th surgery she still remains positive and grateful. each one of us is always one day closer to the end, some of us may have more information than others but that should never keep us from living.  finding something meaningful in every day even when we are tired and cranky and life seems so unfair, isn't always easy. i like to blog about happy things but you know that life gets in the way and there isn't always just happy. i have been contemplating giving the blog up for a while and the jury is still out. it's especially hard when i have so little time for it. part of me is sure it's time to move on and part of me wants to continue to document the journey. i have certainly been writing less these days, perhaps i will keep thinking on it for a little while longer. in the meantime. i send all my love to my sweet christine - here's to being brave and continuing the fight.




and love sent, xo

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't give it up. xoxo

Anonymous said...

You are the amazing one, You help me get though the rough times and I love having you for the best of times. Seems we all have some sort of battle these days, It is a challenge for us however it is a bump and only a bump in our journey. I love your blogs, I have been down and in bed all day. Reading this is now making me get up and be ever so grateful that I am here and have a choice of what to do. Lets just ride through this storm together, this to will pass. xo

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't give up the blog, I look forward to reading your entries each day. But I do understand you have a lot going on. Also, If you need help at home I can come over anytime after work, I'm so close. I would be happy to help! KT :)

Anonymous said...

I really hope you will keep the blog, of course for selfish reasons, I get so much inspiration from it. It makes me smile, it makes me laugh and it makes me cry. I hope your friend Christine knows how many people are rooting for her, even without knowing her we can feel how brave she has been. Here's to good health for all.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing my friend. We are all so blessed to have you in our lives. Brighter days are ahead. Remember you are never alone !!!! Hugs and love sent to Christine. Love you (pon) xxoo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Dee - There have been days when all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry...throw myself a legit pity party...or just always think the grass is always greener on the other side. Then I take a minute to open up your blog and it all goes away. I know that life gets in the way and sometimes this may feel more like an obligation than a creative and loving outlet, but please know how many people you have helped just by the words and pictures and songs you post. You are one of a kind and I'm grateful for you and your blog! On another note...prayers being sent to your hero Christine. You know that her story touches me very much as I remain hopeful for my hero Angela. And a few more prayers going out to your second hero...Mom! Love you girl. Hang in there! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your blog all the time. I don't often comment but I love to read it all. Prayers for your friend and better days ahead.

Dee said...

Thank you, all of you are super kind. xo