Monday, June 14, 2010

another week begins...

hope your weekend was happy. it rained and it poured and it was wet. but still, it was beautiful and green and good. the weekend went to fast, there were a ton of events to attend and i truly dreaded the thought of dragging myself into work to start another long week. but i did. then early today andrea delivered my favorite drink, a grande vanilla latte from starbucks. i sat at my desk and enjoyed it. i thought of how sweet she always is to think of us when she makes a starbuck run and i hope she knows how much we appreciate her. she is not only thoughtful but she always makes us laugh....
then, i looked outside at the blue sky and fluffy clouds (which we haven't seen all weekend) and i felt happy that i have so many incredible things to be thankful for ....and i'm going to choose to think only of those things for most of the day......

i really believe that the best way to take care of yourself is to find small things to love, appreciate and delight us...and to focus on all that is good and wonderful.

just found this quote....i hope you enjoy it!

"for most of life, nothing wonderful happens. if you don't enjoy getting up and working and finishing your work and sitting down to a meal with family or friends, then the chances are that you're not going to be very happy. if someone bases his happiness or unhappiness on major events like a great new job, huge amounts of money, a flawlessly happy marriage or a trip to paris, that person isn't going to be happy much of the time. if, on the other hand, happiness depends on a good breakfast, flowers in the yard, a drink or a nap, then we are more likely to live with quite a bit of happiness."
~Andy Rooney

make it a happy, meaningful day....and do something special to take care of yourself today.

love sent, xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you find these? I love this, I will share with you when I was told I was sick again my dad said, where do you want to go? Any where in the world I will take you, my answer was just home I just want to be home with family and friends....I hope this means I live a happy life.
I love this Dee..I may copy this but not for a few months. lol

Anonymous said...

A few incredible things that I am thankful for:
You
Family
Love
Life.
And all the wondeful little things that tie them together. xxoo
t

Anonymous said...

How true it is. xo

Anonymous said...

We are all responsible for our own happiness. It could be the little things in life, it could be the big things in life. No one can tell us or should try to tell us what makes us happy. No one should stand in the way of our pursuit of happiness for the sake of their own.